Temporary Workers Visa and Permanent Resident Visa Differences

There are distinct differences between a permanent resident visa and the temporary worker visa. The temporary worker is only permitted to remain in the United States for a specific amount of time, and then the individual will be required to leave the U.S. The permanent resident visa, known as a green card permits the person that holds this visa to live, work and study in the U.S. and applies to become a naturalized citizen.

Temporary workers might be a seasonal worker, a religious worker, or a specialized worker, who has an employer who filed a Form I-129 petition with the USCIS. Holding this visa, without the assistance of the experienced immigration lawyer Idaho it will be impossible to remain within the country past the extensions permitted. Once the extensions have been exhausted, or if they are not applied for the non-immigrant worker will be required to leave the country and cannot apply for permanent residency, without spending 12 months before applying in their home country. Holding the worker’s visa of any type, whether religious, specialized employee or seasonal worker, does not guarantee the visa holder will be approved for a permanent resident visa. They will go through the same application process that any other individual who has never possessed a visa. The Idaho immigration attorney help may make this process easier, since they are the legal expert in immigration law.

The temporary worker visas, specialized worker, religious worker, and medical professional all have their own types of visas. Each of these has their own special process the individual will be required to meet in order to have the non-immigration approved. This is also true with the permanent resident visa. Temporary non-immigrant visas include:

  • Require the employer to file a Form I-129 with the USCIS, prior to the applicant applying for a visa.
  • Once the employer form has been approved the person that will apply for the temporary visa, will do so at the American consulate or Embassy. They will be required to submit other documents with the application, before it will be approved.
  • Adhering to the regulations and rules, during the stay within the United States, including notifying the USCIS, if employment is completed earlier than planned.
  • Report to the place of employment on the date agreed or within 5 days, to stay within the rules of the USCIS.
  • The non-immigrant visa does not permit changing to a permanent resident visa, without returning to the home country for a specific period of time and applying for this type of visa.
  • The family will be required to apply for their own visas, if planning on accompanying the temporary worker. This will only include the spouse and children under the age of 21.

These items will apply to the non-immigrant visas, and the permanent resident visa will have many of the same process requirements, such as submitting specific documents with the application. There will be one other step that will be necessary and that is the English and Civics testing, which is required for the permanent immigration visa. The immigration lawyer Idaho can assist with any questions about the visas or the employer Form I-129 submission.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *